Getting Android Emulator to work with iPhone Hotspot

Viewed 287

My home Internet is down and I need to run some tests on my Android emulator. My MacBook Pro is connected to the Internet via my iPhone Hotspot using bluetooth. Connection is ok - not super fast. The Android emulator is running on my MacBook Pro. Unfortunately emulator cannot connect to Internet. Any tips on how I can get the emulator to detect the internet connection?

1 Answers

This method worked on my Macbook Pro 2019. I haven't tested it on windows though.

On Windows

Open Network and Sharing Center and click on current Connection Click on Properties Double Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Set the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers as:

8.8.8.8

8.8.4.4

On Mac

Go to System Preferences > Network > Advanced... > DNS Delete whatever entries you have there and add these two entries:

8.8.8.8

8.8.4.4

Source: https://www.codegrepper.com/code-examples/cpp/android+emulator+internet+not+working+in+iphone+hotspot

Related