SIGSTOP when trying to debug application in QTCreator running on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine through VirtualBox on Windows10

Viewed 1986

I am trying to debug my C++ code in QtCreator (version 4.13.1 based on Qt 5.15.1) which is running on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine hosted on my Windows 10 using VirtualBox. As soon as I start the application in debug mode, I get the error:

The inferior stopped because it received a signal from the operating system.
Signal name: SIGSTOP

I've tried changing the version of QtCreator, version of gdb I'm using to debug and tried with a few different versions of my code. The error only happens when debugging with the "Run in Terminal" option selected in the Project settings. The program runs normally if executed standalone in the gnome-terminal. Any idea for what might be causing this?

enter image description here

1 Answers

You should add the following 2 lines to Debugging Helper Customization:

  • handle SIGSTOP nopass
  • handle SIGSTOP nostop

Tools->Options->Debugger->Locals & Expressions

enter image description here

Related