Print a .docx file in Mac OS X using Python

Viewed 285

I'm trying to print a docx file containing 2 images with Python but can't seem to figure this one out.

For context, it's the last part of a personal project which will be a booth where users complete a quiz, and then can print a personalized card.

Printer is a Zebra ZXP Series 3.

Here's the code I'm using:

import subprocess
from subprocess import Popen
with open("FILENAME.docx") as f:
# call the system's lpr command
p = Popen(["lpr"], stdin=f, shell=True)
output = p.communicate()[0]

It crashes the printer and makes it restart.

I found the code below which would be perfect but it is for Windows, it relies on the win32com library:

from win32com import client
    import time
    word = client.Dispatch("Word.Application")
    def printWordDocument(filename):
        word.Documents.Open(filename)
        word.ActiveDocument.PrintOut()
        time.sleep(2)
        word.ActiveDocument.Close()
    word.Quit()

Any pointers to make this work on MacOs?

Thank you!

(This is my first question, I usually find answers by doing research on this site but I'm a bit stuck with this one)

0 Answers
Related