I have seen solutions where they use the Map component, but I read that this has been updated to the MapContainer which does not have an onClick Method. Right now, my code (below) allows me to add a marker when I click anywhere on the map. As my title states, how would I store the new marker in some kind of usable variable. My end goal is to store new markers in MongoDB. Thanks in advance.
import React, { Component } from 'react';
import {
MapContainer,
TileLayer,
MapConsumer,
} from "react-leaflet";
import Leaflet from "leaflet";
import { connect } from 'react-redux';
import { Icon } from "../Leaflet/Configurations";
import NavBar from '../components/NavBar';
import Footer from '../components/Footer';
import { registerHouse } from '../actions/houseActions';
import { clearErrors } from "../actions/errorActions";
import "leaflet/dist/leaflet.css";
class MyMap extends Component{
constructor(props){
super(props);
this.state = {
markers: [[40.7, -74]],
data: []
};
this.addMarker = this.addMarker.bind(this);
}
render(){
return(
<div>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://unpkg.com/leaflet@1.7.1/dist/leaflet.css"
integrity="sha512-xodZBNTC5n17Xt2atTPuE1HxjVMSvLVW9ocqUKLsCC5CXdbqCmblAshOMAS6/keqq/sMZMZ19scR4PsZChSR7A=="
crossOrigin=""/>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/leaflet@1.7.1/dist/leaflet.js"
integrity="sha512-XQoYMqMTK8LvdxXYG3nZ448hOEQiglfqkJs1NOQV44cWnUrBc8PkAOcXy20w0vlaXaVUearIOBhiXZ5V3ynxwA=="
crossOrigin=""></script>
<NavBar/>
{/* <MapContainer className="Map" center={{ lat: 40.7 , lng: -74 }} zoom={15} scrollWheelZoom={false}>
<TileLayer
attribution='© <a href="http://osm.org/copyright">OpenStreetMap</a> contributors'
url="https://{s}.tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png"
/>
<MapConsumer>
{(map) => {
console.log("map center:", map.getCenter());
map.on("click", function (e) {
const { lat, lng } = e.latlng;
Leaflet.marker([lat, lng], { Icon }).addTo(map);
let tmp = this.state.data;
tmp.append([lat,lng]);
this.setState({data:tmp});
});
return null;
}}
</MapConsumer>
</MapContainer> */}
<Footer/>
</div>
)
}
}
const mapStateToProps = state => ({
isAuthenticated: state.auth.isAuthenticated,
error: state.error
});
export default connect(mapStateToProps, { registerHouse, clearErrors })(MyMap);