udev rules issue - Installing STMicroelectronics STlink Tools on ubuntu 20.04

Viewed 923

I'm trying to get up and running with an STM32F722 Nucelo-144 (with "embedded ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger"). I am using Ubuntu 20.04.

I want to use STlink to flash the device. I've managed to install from source but I am getting stuck at setting udev rules. I've run the following commands, as per instructions:

$ sudo cp -a config/udev/rules.d/* /etc/udev/rules.d/
$ sudo udevadm control --reload-rules
$ sudo udevadm trigger

I believe this is supposed to create files under /dev/ for stlink devices but nothing going by that name is in /dev/. Also, my board doesn't show up when running "lsusb".

Needless to say, when I run "stutil" it doesn't register my board:

usb.c: Couldn't find any ST-Link devices 

I should also add that I've tried installing with the package manager and again it doesn't register the board:

usb.c: Couldn't find any ST-Link/V2 devices

To be honest I'm also a little confused as to how to define which generation of debugger to use. For some reason the package manager version seems to default to ST-Link/V2. (my device is V2-1)

0 Answers
Related