How to create DynamoDb table with a version?

Viewed 685

There are two versions of DynamoDB global tables available: Version 2019.11.21 (Current) and Version 2017.11.29. I can find out version of an already created table, but if I want to use specific version while creating the table, how can I do that? I have cloudformation creating two tables one without global table other with global table. Without global table is always created with 19 version, where as with global table is created with 17 version.

1 Answers

if I want to use specific version while creating the table, how can I do that?

You can't do this. This is not something you can control explicitly at the table creation. If you have old version you can update to new vesion only in AWS console. From docs:

Updating to version 2019.11.21 (current) is only available through the DynamoDB console.

To create 2017 version you have to use create-global-table API call which is not supported in CloudFormation.

What's more the global table support in CloudFormation is still on the development roadmap:

Thus the only option is to develop custom resource if you want to create and manage your global tables in CloudFormation.

Related