How to change default_authentication_plugin variable in Amazon Aurora Serverless MySQL 5.7.12

Viewed 81

I'm using Amazon Aurora Serverless MySQL cluster(MySQL 5.7) and I want to change the value of global variable default_authentication_plugin which is currently set to default ie. mysql_native_password

These are the commands I'm using to update the default authentication plugin

SET GLOBAL default_authentication_plugin = 'sha256_password'; 
SET @@GLOBAL.default_authentication_plugin = 'sha256_password';

I'm getting below error

enter image description here

From documentation, I can see the default_authentication_plugin is not a dynamic variable. enter image description here

Also, I have checked in the DB Cluster Parameter group it's not available there as well.

How do I change the value of default_authentication_plugin in this case. Can someone help me?

This question cannot be duplicate of How to change read-only permission to set new value of MySQL server system variable as I'm using Amazon Aurora Serverless where user don't have access to the config files of mysql

0 Answers
Related