Xcode 12 - Storyboard screens showing up empty/black (using m1 macbook)

Viewed 1274

We have tried both iOS 14 and 13. In both cases, the storyboard screens show up like this.

Has anyone else faced this issue and was able to solve it? Or should we revert back to xcode 11 or 10 in order to solve this?

Empty storyboard screens

3 Answers

I have similar issue with Xcode 12.4 on M1 Macbook Pro. As a workaround disable Rosetta Mode when working with storyboard. Follow the below steps

  1. Quit Xcode and open finder and go to Applications folder
  2. Right click on Xcode App and select Get Info
  3. Uncheck "Open using Rosetta" option
  4. Open Xcode, storyboard will work now

Note: With Rosetta Disabled, I wasn't able to build/run the app. So I was toggling the Rosetta mode. I think Apple will fix it sooner.

UPDATE

Xcode 12.5+ fixed this issue.

I tried on Xcode 12.5 beta on my M1 pro is work well. That's Xcode issue with 12.4 on M1.

Selected a device from the list in Device in Xcode fixed it for me:

Tap Device:

enter image description here

Then select a device:

enter image description here

Related