I switched to a new development desktop (Catelina 1.15.7) forcing me to rebuild my Flutter dev environment to Flutter 1.22.5 and Android Studio 4.1.1
Running ‘flutter doctor’ indicates that my environment is ok with my Android SDK version being 30.0.3.
Having gone through a lot of Android SDK issues in the past, I changed my ./android/app/build.gradle such that the specified sdk versions are as follows:
compileSdkVersion 30
targetSdkVersion 30
buildToolsVersion "30.0.3"
(The buildToolsVersion parameter was from a previous Stack Overflow post that I had hoped would resolve my issue.)
I then did a ‘flutter clean’ followed by verbose ‘flutter run’.
My issue is that despite an explicit compileSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion setting of 30, the gradle build process is resulting with a task to download Android SDK Platform 29 (revision 5).
ie- Preparing “Install Android SDK Platform 29 (revision: 5)”
Does anyone know how I can get the gradle build to use Android SDK 30 instead of 29? Or is it such that the 3rd party packages used by my app has a dependency requiring Android SDK 29?
The dependencies in my pubspec.yaml are:
dependencies:
flutter:
sdk: flutter
provider: ^4.1.3
sqflite: ^1.3.2+1
googleapis: ^0.56.1
googleapis_auth: ^0.2.12
http: ^0.12.2
url_launcher: ^5.7.2
flutter_secure_storage: ^3.3.5
tuple: ^1.0.3
image_picker: ^0.6.7+12
intl: ^0.16.1
fraction: ^1.2.1
archive: ^2.0.13
path_provider: ^1.6.24
path: ^1.7.0
image_cropper: ^1.3.1
flutter_image_compress: ^0.7.0
The Android emulator I am testing against is: Pixel_3a_API_30_x86.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.