Unable to open file libtensorflow_io.so caused by undefined symbol

Viewed 4245

I have a tensorflow 2.2 conda environment setup with python 3.8.2 on Ubuntu.

I ran pip install tensorflow-io==0.14.0.

When I try to

import tensorflow-io as tfio

I get the erorr:

File "/home/somedir/miniconda3/envs/env_name/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tensorflow_io/core/python/ops/__init__.py", line 65, in _load_library
raise NotImplementedError(

NotImplementedError: unable to open file: libtensorflow_io.so, from paths: ['/home/somedir/miniconda3/envs/env_name/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tensorflow_io/core/python/ops/libtensorflow_io.so']

caused by: ['/home/somedir/miniconda3/envs/env_name/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tensorflow_io/core/python/ops/libtensorflow_io.so undefined symbol:
_ZN10tensorflow0pKernel11TraceStringEPNS_150pKernelContextEb']

What's the issue and how can I fix it?

2 Answers

As @Smedegaard mentioned, tensorflow_io is not on conda forge. The answer of vlasenkoalexey on Github issues to tackle this:

Obvious workaround is to uninstall tensorflow and tensorflow-io and install them from pip:
pip uninstall tensorflow
pip uninstall tensorflow-io
pip install tensorflow-gpu
pip install --no-deps tensorflow-io

I got the same error in a Jupyter lab, running in a conda environment.

Looks like tensorflow_io is not on conda forge yet: https://github.com/tensorflow/io/issues/676

If possible you can change to a regular Python environment.

Related