Cannot bundle update --bundler in Ubuntu 20.04

Viewed 1355

I have installed 3.0.0 of Ruby on Ubuntu in my project but I am trying to bundle install and it is giving me the following error.


ruby_dep-1.5.0 requires ruby version >= 2.2.5, ~> 2.2, which is incompatible
with the current version, ruby 3.0.0p0


This is a project which I have cloned from another machine previously and now trying to open it on this new machine.

2 Answers

The ruby_dep has not been updated in since 2016 and looks abandoned. As suggested by the comment (3) remove ruby_dep from your Gemfile and see how well bundler handles it, otherwise fork or raise an issue at the repo.

I encountered a similar error. I removed the ruby_dep-1.5.0 and ran bundle install again. Then I got this other error:

Blockquote

listen-3.1.5 requires ruby version >= 2.2.3

I simply deleted the Gemfile.lock and ran bundle install and everything went smoothly with a new Gemfile.lock.

Related