I created a cloud function project with firebase a few months ago, and used linting.
I recently created a new cloud function project with linting, and now the linter is complaining about random rules I never set. I don't remember it enforcing nearly the amount of style rules a few months ago.
Things like:
This line has a length of 95. Maximum allowed is 80
Missing JSDoc comment
Missing Trailing comma
expected indentation of 2 spaces but found 4
Strings must use singlequote
It's also not letting me use async/await.
I found out I can individually set these rules in my .eslintrc.js file, but that's annoying and I don't want to do that. By default, why aren't these rules disabled? I just want basic rules that make sure my code won't fail when run, not random style preferences like single/double quotes and max line length.
Is there any way to use just basic linting functionality with firebase functions?