I am trying to change the configuration of wireguard client configuration on my Ubuntu system. It is running without any problems for months now. But now I want to change the AllowedIPs configuration of my peer. But I am not able to convince my wg0 device to use this new configuration.
What I tried to do:
wg-quick down wg0- Change the AllowedIPs section in my config file to
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0 wg-quick up /etc/wireguard/wg0.conf
After that, my wg0 is still using the allowed-ips I had configured before. I am checking this looking at the output of wg and checking my public IP.
wg-quick strip wg0 does print the correct configuration though.
Even if I try to sync the configuration with wg syncconf wg0 <(wg-quick strip wg0), the new configuration is applied (checking it with wg), but I still have my previous IP.
Where is the allowed-ips configuration configured/saved/cached if not in my configuration file? Where is wireguard taking it from?