I am trying to learn multi-threads, and parallel execution in Java. I wrote example code like this:
public class MemoryManagement1 {
public static int counter1 = 0;
public static int counter2 = 0;
public static final Object lock1= new Object();
public static final Object lock2= new Object();
public static void increment1() {
synchronized(lock1) {
counter1 ++;
}
}
public static void increment2() {
synchronized(lock2) {
counter2 ++;
}
}
public static void processes() {
Thread thread1 = new Thread(new Runnable() {
@Override
public void run() {
for (int i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
increment1();
}
}
});
Thread thread2 = new Thread(new Runnable() {
@Override
public void run() {
for (int i = 0; i < 4; i++) {
increment2();
}
}
});
thread1.start();
thread2.start();
try {
thread1.join();
thread2.join();
} catch (InterruptedException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
System.out.println("Counter value is :" + counter1);
System.out.println("Counter value is :" + counter2);
}
public static void main(String[] args) {
processes();
}
}
The code is running properly, but how can I know that the code is running according to time-slicing or whether it is running with parallel execution. I have a CPU with 4 cores. As I understand it, the program should be run with parallel execution, but I am not sure.