Android SDK thinks there is no space left on my hard drive

Viewed 772

I have been trying most of today to install and use Android 4.1 development SDK. I won't bother anyone with everything I have tried.

It seemed to be operational, but I needed to install an AMD emulator to actually do anything. Using the SDK Tool Kit manager, I have been trying to get it to install the required software, but every time I try I get this error:

Disk usage:

  • Estimated download size 91.2 MB
  • Estimated disk space to be additionally occupied on SDK partition after installation: 364.7 MB
  • Currently available disk space in SDK root(location of the SDK root) 0 B

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

I am running on a 4 year old HP laptop with one hard drive partition with 916 of storage and a recovery partition with 13.9 GB. File Manager shows my D drive has 851 GB available.

2 Answers

I came up against this while trying to reinstall AS (don't ask why). What seemed to have happened was that after the new install it opened the last project I'd worked on, though I thought I'd removed all user settings. This meant skipping the start up screen where, heaven knows why, you still have to download the SDK. I was tearing my hair out and finally closed the project, at which point the start up screen appeared and I could download the SDK.

I got the solution. The reason it is saying 0B is because - you might have deleted the location of the SDK.

  1. You have to manually create the folders in the path. For example if your SDK path shows on that pop-up is: /Users/name/Library/Android/sdk

  2. Then go to this path and check if all these folders are available. If not, create them.

  3. Then come back and click again in the SDK manager.

It will allow you to install and it will show the available sizes as well.

If you have further questions related to this post or this topic, do raise your questions in Counsily, where you can talk to verified experts directly and get answers. Counsily is a club for high intellect individuals to ask their questions & get personalized help from verified consultants.

<ask.counsily.com>

Related