I am attempting to migrate my personal Perforce Server from Windows to Linux (Ubuntu 20.04), but am having trouble replaying the checkpoint file from the Windows Server on the Linux Server.
I want to inherit Linux's case-handling, which according to Perforces' documentation should be possible using the p4migrate tool. I've installed the tool on the Linux Server and followed the documentation steps to the letter (several times at this point), but still keep running into the following error.
Note that when using p4migrate to create the edited checkpoint file, it reported that there were no reported case issues/conflicts. On the first attempt, it also successfully renamed all the archive files to match Linux's case handling (and I have already changed the line-endings).
It's just the database that it can't seem to restore. I'm using the following command to rebuild the database from the checkpoint file that p4migrate creates:
p4d -r /mnt/Disk/PerforceServer/root -jr checkpoint.4.edited
But doing so yields the following output:
Perforce db files in '/mnt/Disk/PerforceServer/root' will be created if missing...
Recovering from checkpoint.4.edited...
Perforce server error:
Journal file 'checkpoint.4.edited' replay failed at line 5145!
Case-handling mismatch: server uses Unix-style (-C0) but journal flags are Windows-style (-C1)!
I've made a few attempts but the result is always the same. It creates all the .db files, but then stops almost instantly. I have naturally checked the line(s) it reported and been over the checkpoint file (some 45mb) with a fine toothcomb, but found no issues.
I suspect something else is at play here but there doesn't appear to be a way to get more verbose logging. Has anybody run into this before and found the solution?
Addendum: I have also run p4d -jv checkpoint.4.edited which only reported the following: trailer found on line 196624 (the end of the file)