I know this has been asked before and I reviewed the previous posts, but none of those solved my issue.
I'm new to programming so I may get the terminology mixed up but I will try to explain in as much detail as I can.
I am running Python 3.8 on Visual Studio Code. I installed pipenv successfully:
python -m pip install pipenv
Then I try to actually use it and get this error:
pipenv shell --python 3.8
pipenv : The term 'pipenv' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was
included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ pipenv shell --python 3.8
+ ~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (pipenv:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
During installation I got this warning:
WARNING: The script f2py.exe is installed in 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\Scripts' which is not on PATH.
Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
However, I don't actually know how to do this or even if I should, because I get this warning with every package I install but it works fine anyway.
I am following this tutorial: Video Tutorial
and the guy specifically says to run the pipenv commands in the directory where our project is, which I am doing and I get this error. Nevertheless I tried to cd to the directory where the pipenv installed and same error.
I am on Win 10 btw. What am I doing wrong?