Oracle Apex 5.1 apex_item.checkbox2 always displays as a Text String

Viewed 418

I was trying to show checkbox data stored in a list format in a report. For instance, 23:45:56 is stored in the database and represents 3 items that were checked and then saved from a form. I was not able to get that to work and since have tried to get a basic example to work.

Now I am trying to create a report using the following query:

select apex_item.checkbox2(p_idx => 1, p_value => allocation_type_id) AS "Select" 
from allocation_type_l

What is rendered amounts to a string:

<input type="checkbox" name="f01" value="129" /> 

There is never an option to change the column type to a "checkbox". Any suggestions about what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance for not asking "Why would you ever want to do such a thing?"

1 Answers

Go to that column's property palette (on the right of the screen), scroll down and set Escape special characters property to "No".

Related