Neo4J not Showing Selected Edges

Viewed 45

I have imported some data into Neo4j that looks like this:

API1,API2,Dist,Relation,Side,Bench
3302502244,3302503497.0,981.0,Sibling,R,below
3302502244,3302503240.0,664.0,Sibling,L,same
3302502244,3302502246.0,321.0,Sibling,L,above
3302502246,3302502642.0,681.0,Sibling,L,same

Using this code:

LOAD CSV WITH HEADERS FROM "file:///nearness_edges.csv" AS row
MERGE (t:Well {API: toInteger(row.API1)})
MERGE (f:Well {API: toInteger(row.API2)}) 
MERGE (t)<-[:Relation {Distance: toFloat(row.Dist), ParSib: row.Relation}]-(f)
MERGE (t)<-[:Direction {Distance: toFloat(row.Dist), LftRgt: row.Side}]-(f)
MERGE (t)<-[:Bench {Distance: toFloat(row.Dist), AboSamBel: row.Bench}]-(f)
MERGE (t)<-[:near {Distance: toFloat(row.Dist), ParSib: row.Relation, LftRgt: row.Side, AboSamBel: row.Bench}]-(f)

Now when I query the database to show all Sibling relationships with match (t:Well)<-[r:Relation {ParSib: 'Sibling'}]-(f:Well) return t,r,f the browser shows me all the nodes but not the edges (see first screenshot below). Note that the query is returning the edges correctly, just not showing them (see second screenshot below) I need to have the "Connect result nodes" option off because otherwise, the browser shows all edges, and not just the ones I have selected in the query.

Why can't I draw just the nodes + the edges I want?

Vis'd query results Query results

1 Answers

I loaded the sample data you gave and it works well. The issue you have is probably due to a setting in Neo4j Desktop. Go to Settings (left bottom; icon looks like a gear) then double check the settings on Graph Visualization.

Example: Below will only display two nodes without an edge.

enter image description here

Related