I am writing an abstraction over the official mongo driver which consists of a struct containing a pointer to the collection needed and CRUD methods on it. In order to be able to work with multiple types(all of which have bson adnotations) I use an interface called Storable, but I don't see a way in which I could decode the field without knowing the type exactly. Code snippet:
func (c *Collection) GetAll() ([]models.Storable, error) {
ctx, cancel := context.WithTimeout(context.Background(), 10*time.Second)
defer cancel()
cursor, err := c.coll.Find(ctx, bson.M{})
if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
var result []models.Storable
for cursor.Next(ctx) {
var doc models.Storable
err = cursor.Decode(&doc)
if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
result = append(result, doc)
}
return result, nil
}
type example:
type User struct {
ID primitive.ObjectID `json:"id" bson:"_id,omitempty"`
FirstName string `json:"firstName" bson:"firstName"`
LastName string `json:"lastName" bson:"lastName"`
Email string `json:"email" bson:"email"`
Password string `json:"password" bson:"password"`
}