I am testing/learning webhook. How to send, receive it. So I thought I would use GAS.
I have this simple script and I wonder why Logger does not work. In Projects/Executions I can see that the script doPost was executed but no logs. Email was sent and the script returned the value.
- using old, Legacy Editor (no idea how to get the new one)
- in Menu-Resources-Cloud Platform Project is said "This script has an Apps Script-managed Cloud Platform project."
- when I open the project in editor I get this message "This project is running on our new Apps Script runtime powered by Chrome V8."
- exception logging set to "exceptionLogging": "STACKDRIVER" is set to default
I tried console.log(e); but it did not work for me.
function doPost(e) {
Logger.log("I was called")
if(typeof e !== 'undefined'){
Logger.log(e.parameter);
Logger.log("I was called 2")
MailApp.sendEmail({
to: "radek@gmail.com",
subject: "Call Sucessful",
htmlBody: "I am your <br>" +
JSON.stringify(e)+ "<br><br>" +
JSON.stringify(e.parameters)
});
}
return ContentService.createTextOutput(JSON.stringify(e))
}
Question1: Can I make Logger work?
Question2: I would like to see accepted data in Debugger, is that possible?
Question3: Is there any way the GAS pushes the data it received to my web browser. Of course the browser is NOT sending the data.
Question4: No related to the topic but ... Would you know what I need to do in order to be able to use new Editor?