I have the following DataFrame:
1-A-873 2-A-129 3-A-123
12/12/20 45 32 41
13/12/20 94 56 87
14/12/20 12 42 84
15/12/20 73 24 25
Each column represent an equipment. Each equipment has a size that is declared in the code:
1A = 5
2A = 3
3A = 7
Every column will need to be divided by this equipment size that is - (value / size)
This is what I am using:
df["1A-NewValue"] = df["1-A-873"] / 1A
df["2A-NewValue"] = df["2-A-129"] / 2A
df["3A-NewValue"] = df["3-A-123"] / 3A
End result:
1-A-873 2-A-129 3-A-123 1A-NewValue 2A-NewValue 3A-NewValue
12/12/20 45 32 41 9 10.67 5.86
13/12/20 94 56 87 18.8 18.67 12.43
14/12/20 12 42 84 2.4 14 12
15/12/20 73 24 25 14.6 8 3.57
This works perfectly and do what I want by having three extra columns at the end of the DataFrame.
However, this will be a tedious effort later on if my total number of equipment increases to 250 instead of 3; I will need to have 250 lines for equipment size and 250 lines for the formula.
Naturally the first thing that come to my mind is a for loop, but is there a more Pandas-way of doing this efficiently?
Thanks!