I've been trying to create a navigation bar with Dropdowns appearing while hovering over the buttons but I can't figure out how to achieve it because soon as I hover over the button, the dropdown associated to that button appears and then disappears as I reach out to click one of the links in it. Here's a code snippet
<div class="container">
<div class="sub-one">
<div class="home">
<ul>
<li>
<button>Home</button>
<ul>
<li>
<a href="">sub-1</a>
</li>
<li>
<a href="">sub-2</a>
</li>
<li>
<a href="">sub-3</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>
<div class="about-us">
<ul>
<li>
<button>About Us</button>
<ul>
<li>
<a href="">sub-1</a>
</li>
<li>
<a href="">sub-2</a>
</li>
<li>
<a href="">sub-3</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>
Below is the css for the above html
* {
padding:0;
margin:0;
box-sizing: border-box;
font-family:Arial, sans-serif;
}
.container {
background-color: blue;
width:100%;
display: flex;
justify-content: center;
align-items: center;
height:70px;
}
.sub-one {
position: absolute;
display:flex;
height:40px;
width:20%;
justify-content: space-around;
}
.home, .about-us {
margin-top:15px;
width:150px;
}
.sub-one ul {
list-style:none;
}
.sub-one ul li button:hover + ul{
display:block;
}
.sub-one ul li ul:hover {
display:block;
}
.sub-one ul li ul {
width:100%;
background-color:lightblue;
text-align: center;
display:none;
}
.sub-one ul li ul li {
margin-bottom: 5px;
}
.sub-one ul li ul li:hover {
background-color: seagreen;
}
.sub-one a {
color:white;
text-decoration:none;
}
.sub-one button {
color:white;
outline: none;
background: none;
border: none;
cursor: pointer;
}