Google Analytics 4, problem with URL (not set)

Viewed 1331

I am using the new Google Analytics 4, with automatic tracking.

I have some custom dimensions for "click" events, but "link_url" doesn't appear in the report. I can see the URL from "Real Time" if I click on "clicks", but with "Hub Analysis" then I cannot find that URL.

So if now I see URL "X" in "Real Time", tomorrow the same URL will be "(not set)". Why?

I have this problem with the new Google Analytics, with events "(not set)" in the report. I can see correct number for "clicks", but then I dont have the "link_url" parameter

1 Answers

It took me while to figure it out (documentation for this is poor).

  1. GA4 -> All Events -> Create Custom Dimensions -> set link_url (This step you did)
  2. Google Tag Manager -> Variables -> Built-in variables -> Configure -> Check Click URL
  3. Wait approximately 24 hours.
Related