@testing-library/react-hooks 'act' function show me 'no floating promises' lint error

Viewed 485
import { renderHook, act } from '@testing-library/react-hooks'
import useRefWithSetter from '../useRefWithSetter'

describe('Test useRefWithSetter', () => {
  const { result } = renderHook(() => useRefWithSetter(1))

  const [valueRef, setValue] = result.current

  test('you can return value through setter function', () => {
    act(() => {
      setValue(2)
    })

    expect(valueRef.current).toBe(2)
  })

  test('you can return callback function through setter function', async () => {
    await act(async () => {
      setValue((prev) => prev + 3)

      return Promise.resolve()
    })

    expect(valueRef.current).toBe(5)
  })
})

Error message : [eslint @typescript-eslint/no-floating-promises] [E] Promises must be handled appropiately or explicitly marked as ignored the void operator. (@typescript-eslint/no-floating-promises)

Hello. I'm trying to test my customized hook but I don't know how to use 'act' function from react-hooks-testing-library. It shows lint error so I was trying to fix like second test but I don't think it's appropriate way because that hook is not Promise function. Is there any way to explicitly mark as ignored with the void operator?

0 Answers
Related