VS Code doesnt create new file when shortcut is used

Viewed 348

This problem has been bothering me for quite a while. I use Atom Keymap extension and have create new file bind to A and create new folder to shift+A. However, after some time VS Code stops creating new files/folders and instead starts searching for a file. I am not sure if I press something to enable search instead, but the only thing that seems to help is restarting VS Code.enter image description here

Any ideas how to fix this behaviour?

Edit: These are the shortcuts for A and shift+A

enter image description here

enter image description here

2 Answers

"However, after some time VS Code stops creating new files/folders and instead starts searching for a file"

Did you clean up the VSCode cache and temp folders?

If not, try clean it: Press window key and type

  • %temp%

  • %appdata%

If you don't use the file search feature, you can prevent this by disabling it in settings.json:

"workbench.list.automaticKeyboardNavigation": false
Related