I'm going to answer my own question here because this is pretty difficult to Google and I want it to be easier for everyone to find.
This article explains what this pattern is:
An “options object” is a programming pattern that you can use to pass any number of named arguments to a function. Rather than using an ordered list of arguments, you simply pass one argument, which is an object containing named keys for all of your options. Keep reading to learn how and why.
You can use typescript features to implement this pattern in a more concise way. See my answer for how.
You can see a similar question about JavaScript here: Implement JavaScript options object parameter pattern?
This question is different because it's about JavaScript. There happens to be an answer on that JavaScript question that explains how to do it the typescript way, but I find it difficult to read because there's so much syntax punctuation.