How do you disable an extension in VSCode while developing it?

Viewed 916

I am learning to develop an extension and I wanted to execute some code in the deactivate() function to see how it works, but when I run the extension I can't find the extension loaded in the Extensions menu so I can't disable it in this new window.

How do I disable the extension in the new window that opens when you run the extension?

This is the tutorial I am following, by the way: https://code.visualstudio.com/api/get-started/your-first-extension.

EDIT: With Lex Li's answer I managed to make a breakpoing hit, but after a couple of seconds the debugging session ends. Is there any way to not lose the debugging session?

1 Answers

Actually you don't need any extra steps (like disabling it somewhere).

Simply set a break point in deactivate and then close the folder that activates the extension (or the whole VSCode instance being debugged). Closing that will shut down your extension, step into deactivate and hit the break point.

Related