i am using the microsoft bot sdk in combination with an restify server (In package.json: "botbuilder": "^4.11.0"). I start a waterfall dialog that triggers a long running API. I save the the conversation reference and the id of the sent message to create an reply after the API call is completed:
replyToId = (await stepContext.context.sendActivity({ attachments: [ac]})).id; (in Dialog)
this.conversationReference = TurnContext.getConversationReference(context.activity); (in bot.ts)
After the completion of the API call, I want to create a reply to the last message of the dialog:
await this.adapter.continueConversation(this.conversationReference, async turnContext => {
await turnContext.sendActivity(newMessage);
});
newMessage is the Activity-object that contains further information for the user about the result of the API call.
The problem is that newMessage is not displayed as an reply to the existing message but as a separate message, although newMessage.replyToId is set to this.replyToId:
Additional information: Both messages, the last of the dialog and the "reply" are adaptive cards, but it does not make a difference if I send just simple text, same behaviour.
Would be grateful for any help :)
