I'm trying to achieve exactly what can be seen in Microsoft Access, and for now I'm using a Datagrid but I'm not certain this is the correct tool for the job.
When you look at the screenshot, the last row is always empty and whatever it is you want to add ; if you erase one of the rows, all the next ones go up in index and it's all very smooth.
How can that be done in UWP? Do I have to write all the logic from scratch or is there some control that can help with that?
Currently, my idea is that I'll have to check the content of all cells and move them up manually if one is empty, and create a "fake" row that has a placeholder textboxes with "add row" content that automagically change when you write on it, as it creates an extra row underneath.
All that would also require to move items in the bound collection and I can already see nightmarish results. Am I on the right path at all?
Another idea I have is to include a "Delete Row" button in all rows that would delete that row from the collection, which would auto update with binding. And just add a "Add Row" under that creates an empty object in the binding collection, that the user would then edit. It would be smoother but also feels like a hack, and still not that smooth with all the "delete row" buttons everywhere.

