I have implemented Google Maps but my Current Location is always USA. I am testing it on REAL device and i have location permissions added in info.plist. Google API key is also implemented in didFinishLaunchingWithOptions method of AppDelegate.
<key>NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription</key>
<string>By accessing your location, this app can help you navigate between different locations.</string>
Here is my code. I'm following this tutorial by raywenderlich.com. https://www.raywenderlich.com/7363101-google-maps-ios-sdk-tutorial-getting-started I have downloaded the material of this tutorial, used my API Key but still my current location is always USA. Tested on multiple real devices.
import UIKit
import GoogleMaps
import CoreLocation
class MapViewController: UIViewController {
@IBOutlet weak var mapView : GMSMapView!
let locationManager = CLLocationManager()
override func viewDidLoad() {
super.viewDidLoad()
if CLLocationManager.locationServicesEnabled() {
locationManager.requestWhenInUseAuthorization()
locationManager.desiredAccuracy = kCLLocationAccuracyBest
locationManager.startUpdatingLocation()
locationManager.delegate = self
self.mapView.delegate = self
} else {
locationManager.requestWhenInUseAuthorization()
}
}
}
CLLocationManagerDelegate:-
extension MapViewController: CLLocationManagerDelegate {
func locationManager(_ manager: CLLocationManager, didChangeAuthorization status: CLAuthorizationStatus) {
guard status == .authorizedWhenInUse else { return }
locationManager.startUpdatingLocation()
self.mapView.isMyLocationEnabled = true
self.mapView.settings.myLocationButton = true
}
func locationManager(_ manager: CLLocationManager, didUpdateLocations locations: [CLLocation]) {
guard let location = locations.first else { return }
// the coordinates i get here are always from some city in USA.
mapView.camera = GMSCameraPosition(
target: location.coordinate,
zoom: 15,
bearing: 0,
viewingAngle: 0)
}
func locationManager(_ manager: CLLocationManager, didFailWithError error: Error) {
print("Error: \(error)")
}
}
