What does "An illegal reflective access operation has occurred" with Kotlin, using IntelliJ IDEA, mean?

Viewed 3369

Simply doing the JetBrains introduction, Hello World.

What does all this mean? Installation problem? So many different versions of things I've had to download.

-javaagent:C:\Program Files\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA 2020.3\lib\idea_rt.jar=52283:C:\Program Files\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA 2020.3\bin" -Dfile.encoding=windows-1252 -classpath C:\Users\Student-CHCS201\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2020.3\plugins\Kotlin\kotlinc\lib\kotlin-compiler.jar;C:\Users\Student-CHCS201\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2020.3\plugins\Kotlin\kotlinc\lib\kotlin-reflect.jar;C:\Users\Student-CHCS201\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2020.3\plugins\Kotlin\kotlinc\lib\kotlin-stdlib.jar;C:\Users\Student-CHCS201\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2020.3\plugins\Kotlin\kotlinc\lib\kotlin-script-runtime.jar org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.jvm.K2JVMCompiler -kotlin-home C:\Users\Student-CHCS201\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2020.3\plugins\Kotlin\kotlinc -script C:/Users/Student-CHCS201/IdeaProjects/FirstExample/src/Main.kts
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.intellij.util.ReflectionUtil (file:/C:/Users/Student-CHCS201/AppData/Roaming/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2020.3/plugins/Kotlin/kotlinc/lib/kotlin-compiler.jar) to method java.util.ResourceBundle.setParent(java.util.ResourceBundle)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.intellij.util.ReflectionUtil
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Spending 2 days trying to just start the thing so far lol

1 Answers

I had the same problem too. I tried different versions (1.4.32, 1.4. 31, 1.4.20) of kotlin compiler, they all had the same problem on windows. On Ubuntu they work perfectly. Anyway, I install version 1.4.10 on windows, and the problem got solved.

Related