I'm trying to get a Django application running on the latest version of Lightsail which supports deploying docker containers as of Nov 2020 (AWS Lightsail Container Announcement).
I've created a very small Django application to test this out. However, my container deployment continues to get stuck and fail.
Here are the only logs I'm able to see:

This is my Dockerfile:
FROM python:3
ENV PYTHONUNBUFFERED=1
WORKDIR /code
COPY requirements.txt /code/
RUN pip install -r requirements.txt
COPY . /code/
And this is my docker-compose.yml:
version: "3.9"
services:
db:
image: postgres
environment:
- POSTGRES_DB=postgres
- POSTGRES_USER=postgres
- POSTGRES_PASSWORD=postgres
web:
build: .
image: argylehacker/app-stats:latest
command: python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000
volumes:
- .:/code
ports:
- "8000:8000"
depends_on:
- db
I'm wondering a few things:
- Right now I'm only uploading the
webcontainer to Lightsail. Should I also be uploading thedbcontainer? - Should I create a postgres database in Lightsail and connect to it first?
- Do I need to tell Django to run the db migrations before the application starts?
- Is there a way to enable more logs from the containers? Or does the lack of logs mean that the containers aren't even able to start.
Thanks for the help!