Why Delphi will create a seperate .rc file for each configuration of the project when adding new Language?

Viewed 61

I am using Delphi XE3. My project contains 4 configurations, i.e., 32bit Debug, 32bit Release, 64bit Debug, 64bit Release.

When I add a new language for Chinese, the new project Project1.CHS contains one copy of the form, Unit1.dfm, that is correct since all the configurations share the same Form. However, it will create a separate .rc file for each configuration of the original project. For example, for 32bit Debug, it will create Project_DRC.rc under Win32 -> Debug.

See below:

image

I have checked these .rc files and they all contain the same strings. So, why does Delphi bother to make 4 of them? It is very inconvenient since I need to translate the strings 4 times. Though, with the Repository I can copy the translations from one place to another, but why doesn't Delphi keep ONE copy of the .rc file which can be shared among all the configurations? That will be much easier for us.

More severely, each time when I need to build a different configuration in the main project, I always need to click the "Update to localized project" menu item, before building Projct1.CHS, otherwise, it will not build the same configuration as the main project if I simply build it. That is very inconvenient.

0 Answers
Related