New Micro SD write protection not by-passable

Viewed 129

I have a brand new sandisk 512gb and 64gb micro sd cards. I have been trying to format them to then upload raspbian on to them for my raspberry pis but both are write protected and I can't clean wither of them manually (by pushing down the tab on the sd card adapter) or virtually through diskpart function on the command line. I get to "disk attributes cleared successfully" but then the "clean" command fails:

DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
See the System Event Log for more information.

DISKPART> select disk 1

Disk 1 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> attributes disk clear readonly

Disk attributes cleared successfully.

DISKPART> clean

DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
See the System Event Log for more information.

DISKPART>
0 Answers
Related