I am working on a short project that deals with simple MySQL-python functions and came with an error. Using sqlalchemy, I have tried connecting MySQL and python but an error keeps popping up.
Traceback (most recent call last):
line 198, in <module>
menu()
line 29, in menu
create_database()
line 55, in create_database
if con.is_connected():
AttributeError: 'Connection' object has no attribute 'is_connected'
Here is my code:
from sqlalchemy import create_engine
import sys
def menu():
loop='y'
while(loop=='y' or loop=='Y'):
print("........MENU.......")
print("1. CREATE DATABASE")
print("2. SHOW DATABASES")
print("3. CREATE TABLE")
print("4. SHOW TABLES")
print("5. INSERT RECORD")
print("6. UPDATE RECORD")
print("7. DELETE RECORD")
print("8. SEARCH RECORD")
print("9. DISPLAY RECORD")
print()
print()
choice=int(input("Enter the choice (1-9) : "))
if(choice==1):
create_database()
elif(choice==2):
show_databases()
elif(choice==3):
create_table()
elif(choice==4):
show_tables()
elif(choice==5):
insert_record()
elif(choice==6):
update_record()
elif(choice==7):
delete_record()
elif(choice==8):
search_record()
elif(choice==9):
display_record()
else:
print("Wrong Choice.")
loop=input("Do you want more try? Press 'y' to continue...")
else:
sys.exit()
def create_database():
engine = create_engine("mysql+mysqlconnector://root:****@localhost/employee")
con = engine.connect()
if con.is_connected():
print("Successfully Connected")
cur=con.cursor()
cur.execute('create database if not exists employee')
print()
print("Database Created")
con.close()
I have not shown the entire code because all of the choices come up with the same error. Please help me resolve this.