I have a hard time to publish a package to AWS CodeArtifact. Problem is the authentification.
First I tried to execute the login via the aws cli but due to the lack of the .pypirc file containing the repository settings that didn't work out. Now I tried to store the token and feed it into the --repository-url but in both cases I end up that the process wants a username anyway.
Stacktrace:
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/bin/twine", line 8, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/__main__.py", line 28, in main
result = cli.dispatch(sys.argv[1:])
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/cli.py", line 82, in dispatch
return main(args.args)
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/commands/upload.py", line 154, in main
return upload(upload_settings, parsed_args.dists)
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/commands/upload.py", line 91, in upload
repository = upload_settings.create_repository()
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/settings.py", line 345, in create_repository
self.username,
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/settings.py", line 146, in username
return cast(Optional[str], self.auth.username)
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/auth.py", line 35, in username
return utils.get_userpass_value(
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/utils.py", line 241, in get_userpass_value
return prompt_strategy()
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/auth.py", line 81, in username_from_keyring_or_prompt
return self.prompt("username", input)
File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.9.1/x64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twine/auth.py", line 92, in prompt
return how(f"Enter your {what}: ")
EOFError: EOF when reading a line
Enter your username:
Error: Process completed with exit code 1.
Partial github-action.yml:
steps:
- uses: actions/checkout@v2
- name: Set up Python
uses: actions/setup-python@v2
with:
python-version: '3.x'
- name: Install dependencies
run: |
python -m pip install --upgrade pip
pip install setuptools wheel twine
- name: Configure AWS Credentials
uses: aws-actions/configure-aws-credentials@v1
with:
aws-access-key-id: ${{ secrets.AWS_CA_ACCESS_KEY_ID }}
aws-secret-access-key: ${{ secrets.AWS_CA_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY }}
aws-region: eu-central-1
- name: Build and publish
run: |
token=$(aws codeartifact get-authorization-token --domain foobar --domain-owner 123456678901 --query authorizationToken --output text)
python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel
twine upload --repository-url https://aws:$token@foobar-123456678901.d.codeartifact.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/pypi/my-repo/simple dist/*