How do I push commits >2GB after merging two Github repositories?

Viewed 418

I merged two repos together in a new repository following the steps outlined here.

It worked out fine, but the merge somehow left me with 100+ un-pushed commits totaling 2.34 GB.

When I tried to push (via Github Desktop), I kept getting an error message:

a screenshot of a pop-up notification after I tried to push the commits, with an error message noting: "fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly"

Some of things I tried but did not work:

  1. running this script: git config http.postBuffer 2000000000 - I realized this basically did nothing because my commit is over 2GB.

  2. pushing only select commits using this script: git push -f origin <SHA of the select commit>:main - I thought this would have allowed me to push my commits one by one as opposed to all together, it ran fine with no error message, but nothing actually got pushed.

I removed the remote to the two merged repos from the new repo. I'm not sure if that would have messed anything up.

0 Answers
Related