I'm developing a Slack app that posts alert apps to channels. I want this app to check the history of a channel to find messages it has posted earlier so it can respond accordingly. For example, if there's an alert that has not yet "cleared" it will update said alert instead of posting a new message.
The challenge I'm encountering is that it's not clear how I can identify messages that my app has posted. I see that I can search a channel with conversations.history, and that gives me message events. It looks like some messages have a user property. There are also bot_message sub-type messages that have a bot_id property. However, I don't see any way to identify my app ID.
Should every app have an associated bot_id? user ID? If so, where do I get these IDs so I can filter the conversation history?
Update
I tried calling the bots.info method with no bot ID parameter hoping it would give me my bot ID, but it returned no data other than an "OK" status.