I am starting to learn x86 assembly on Windows. I am learning 32 bit x86 assembly. I use nasm and ld in order to compile my programs. I use a mingw32-make makefile as my build system. I am assuming ld came included with MinGW, but I am not sure of that. All I know is that it was already on my computer.
I wanted to compile a very simple program just to make sure everything was working and of course, it wasn't. When running my executable, a giant blue box came up and said 'This app cant run on your pc' and after closing the notification, the words Access is denied printed out onto my terminal.
This is my program:
global _main
_main:
mov eax, 1
ret
And this is my makefile:
main: learn.asm
nasm -f win32 learn.asm -o learn.o
ld learn.o -o learn.exe
Could someone help me fix this?