Syntax highlighting not working for iosApp

Viewed 371

I am following the hands on tutorial on KMM, and reached the point where I should write the iOS part of the app, however, when I head over to any of the .swift files, there's no syntax highlighting, the content appears as a plain text file.

enter image description here

  • Android Studio: 4.1.1 (latest at the moment of writing)
  • KMM Plugin: 0.2.0-release-65-Studio4.1 (latest at the moment of writing)

From what I see, the iosApp is not recognized at all as a module (like the androidApp, that has the name of the module highlighted via bold font), I suppose that is the issue.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

2 Answers

You'll need to use Xcode or (possibly) AppCode. Android Studio and the KMM plugin do not understand or highlight Swift code directly.

If anyone runs into the same issue with AppCode not highlighting Swift, I just had to close the project and reopen it.

Related