I'm trying to overlay a seaborn lineplot over a seaborn boxplot The result is someway "shocking" :) It seems like the two graphs are put in the same figure but separate The box plot is compressed on the left side, the line plot is compressed on the right side
Notice that if I run the two graph separatly they work fine I cannot fugure out how to make it work Thank you in advance for any help
import pandas as pd
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import seaborn as sns
mydata = pd.DataFrame({
'a':[2012, 2012, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014, 2014, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2015, 2015, 2016, 2016, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2017, 2017, 2017, 2018, 2018, 2018, 2018, 2019, 2019, 2019, 2019, 2020, 2020, 2020, 2020],
'v':[383.00, 519.00, 366.00, 436.00, 1348.00, 211.00, 139.00, 614.00, 365.00, 365.00, 383.00, 602.00, 994.00, 719.00, 589.00, 365.00, 990.00, 1142.00, 262.00, 1263.00, 507.00, 222.00, 363.00, 274.00, 195.00, 730.00, 730.00, 592.00, 479.00, 607.00, 292.00, 657.00, 453.00, 691.00, 673.00, 705]
})
means =mydata.groupby('a').v.mean().reset_index()
fig, ax = plt.subplots(figsize=(15,8))
sns.boxplot(data=mydata, x='a', y='v', ax=ax, showfliers=False)
sns.lineplot(data=means, x='a', y='v', ax=ax)
plt.show()

