How to enable swap/delay/kws apo for sysvad or other real microphone

Viewed 157

Below is Microsoft's official project to demo how to make audio driver. https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/tree/master/audio/sysvad

After making build, 3 APO dll files are generated. And those inf files contain the installation steps for them. But I tested and found that those apo effects do not take effect at all. My test method is: I empty all the codes of APOProcess() in those 3 APO and found that audio recorded is not influenced.

Question 1: My understanding is that these APO dlls must be invoked by some programs and then we could have sound effects. While sysvad does not provide such programs. Am I right?

Question 2: I want to know how do those APO codes interact with sysvad microphone driver? By code, or by some id in the inf file?

Question 3: Furthermore, if I want to reuse the APO codes for other microphone device driver, is it possible and how to modify them? E.g. for my realtek device driver which I have no source code.

Thanks!

0 Answers
Related