React Native Can't open url: intent://photos.app.goo.gl/ in apps webview

Viewed 1183

I'm opening a url inside react-native-webview. The URL is opening fine. But the problem is if I tap on some component in webview it will return me

"intent://photos.app.goo.gl/HvTckEDkdidAhTvC6#Intent;package=com.google.android.gms;xxxxxxxxx" type url.

I want to open it in webview only. Its working fine in iOS. For android in some links its working and some links it won't. Any help much appreciated.

1 Answers

The issue was from Web end. The URL coming for photos is getting converted into Short-URL for google photos,But for iOS and other working links in Android it's coming in proper format like below : https://photos.google.com/share/AXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx But for broken link for Android its coming as below : intent://photos.app.goo.gl/HvTckEDkdidAhTvC6#Intent;pXXXXXXXXXXXXX So the workaround for me was I've replaced Short-URL of broken links with long URL. After converting them to long URL from Web end its working fine. Hope it helps someone who faces the same issue like mine.

Related