VMware Player unrecoverable error: ULM: fatal error: 0x5

Viewed 369

I am trying to run an Ubuntu 20.10 image in VMWare Workstation Player 16 Player

I am getting an error:

2020-12-22T08:41:55.712+05:30| vcpu-1| I005: [msg.log.error.unrecoverable] VMware Player unrecoverable error: (vcpu-1)
2020-12-22T08:41:55.712+05:30| vcpu-1| I005+ ULM: fatal error: 0x5.

Check full log on https://ctxt.io/2/AACgHh5BFA

I have tried disabling Hyper-V and it still gives error. Is there a step I am missing to use ISO files in VMs?

1 Answers

Not exactly the same error but very similar error

2021-01-02T18:05:58.771+05:30| vcpu-1| E001: PANIC: ULM: fatal error: 0x5.
2021-01-02T18:05:58.771+05:30| vcpu-1| I005: CoreDump_CoreDump: faking exception to get context

I started getting this error after updating to Preview 21277.1000 (rs_prerelease)

Another issue I was facing - Android studio emulator showing black screen

img android

Win specifications

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview
Version 2004
OS build    21277.1000
Experience  Windows Feature Experience Pack 220.32303.0.2003

What fixed for me :

Turning off these features :

 windows subsystem for Linux
 Virtual machine platform

img1

Make sure following features are also turned off :

Windows Sandbox
Windows Hypervisor Platform
Hyper-V
Guarded host
Containers

img2 img3

Related