I'm trying to install and run Postman's Newman tests collection with HTML reporter (on a jenkins podTemplate container with docker image from Postman's account) but it keeps failing because no suitable Newman version is found:
"npm WARN newman-reporter-htmlextra@1.19.6 requires a peer of newman@>=4 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself"
Newman image docker is "postman/newman:5.2-alpine".
And the Run command is
sh "newman run tests/collection.json -r htmlextra --reporter-htmlextra-export var/reports/newman/html/index.html";
I've also tried to install with (the "sh" prefix is because it's in groovy script..in Jenkins) :
sh "npm install -g newman@4.6.1"
sh "npm install -g newman-reporter-htmlextra"
and then executing the same run command as above.
sh "newman run tests/collection.json -r htmlextra --reporter-htmlextra-export var/reports/newman/html/index.html";
But the results are the same.
What's weird is that right after I get the error mentioned above - the jenkinsfile executes the "newman run" command and successfully creates the tests report file:
Using htmlextra version 1.19.6
Created the htmlextra report in this location: var/reports/newman/html/index.html
But then exits the script/job with FAILURE.
What am I missing? Any advice?
Thank you!