I have a script foo.sh located in /home/pi/Documents/Python directory. Purpose of this shell script is to run python script which needs root priviledges as it must reset usb device.
The script is as follows:
#!/bin/sh
export PATH="$PATH:/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7"
python3 /home/pi/Documents/Python/foo.py
When I run the foo.py from Midnight Commander (setting a cursor on the file and pressing enter) it works, it exports the path correctly and the python script fails as it does not have enough priviledges to reset usb device. I have actually made this script to run python script under root, but the root needs set a path to used module first. However when I run
sudo foo.sh
I receive an answer:
sudo: foo.sh: command not found
I have checked the permissions and the foo.sh file has -rwxr-xr-x
sudo python3
typed in terminal also works correctly and opens python interpreter.
What is the problem that causes wrong behaviour under sudo?