I'm trying to install the pg_search gem. In the first attempt I did not pay attention to the necessary version of ruby (we are using 2.3.1 and 2.4 was required), in the error message that appeared I was asked to run bundle update, but it updated pg_search to 2.3.5 which require ruby >= 2.5. Even though I specified an older version of the gem, it still shows the same message:
Gem::InstallError: pg_search requires Ruby version >= 2.5.
An error occurred while installing pg_search (2.3.5), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install pg_search -v '2.3.5'` succeeds before bundling.
I already installed the gem by running docker-compose run web gem install pg_search -v 2.1.4, and recreated the container. My Gemfile:
source 'https://rubygems.org'
gem 'rails', '~> 5.2.0'
# Use sqlite3 as the database for Active Record
# Use Puma as the app server
#gem 'mina-puma', :require => false
gem 'puma', '~> 3.7.1'
gem 'pg', '~> 0.18'
gem 'pg_search', '~> 2.1', '>= 2.1.4'
...
Bundler version: bundler (>= 1.3.0)
I would like to know how to remove pg_search 2.3.5 and install 2.1.4.