Google Sheets: Swap X and Y Axis in Chart

Viewed 860

I am trying to illustrate the twist in a sail using a chart, showing the effect of various twist amounts. Google Sheets data However, try as I might, I cannot swap the x and y axis! The cells B3:B8 are the height going up the sail, where the measurements were taken, and should be the y-axis.

The columns C:V are series, which are different sets of measurements taken at the various heights up the sail, with the degree of twist as the series' values. This is what I have: enter image description here I've also tried to create the chart from Transpose()d data (swapped rows <-> cols) but ended up with the same chart! The "Height" is supposed to be the Y-axis, and the values ("Degrees") the X-axis.

I must be missing something obvious, but Google is not my friend today. I have created a sample Spreadsheet here if anyone can help. MTIA.

1 Answers

Currently it is not possible to define the Y-Axis to a specific range for Smooth Line Chart, in fact, the only way this can be defined is by using Bar Chart.

As a workaround, you can use Bar Chart to define the Y-Axis like this:

enter image description here

Please note that it only looks best when displaying one or two series, the bars would look squished when more series are added.

As for the original intention of defining Y-axis for Line Charts, or a completely new type of chart, you can file a feature idea request here:

How To Submit a Feature Idea Request

Google Workspace Feature Idea Request Link

Related