how to disable paused subscriptions from the Google Play Console?

Viewed 971

To disable users to pause their subscription, do the following:

  1. Sign in to the Google Play Console.
  2. Select your app, and then go to Store presence > In-app products > Subscriptions.
  3. Expand the Subscription settings section.
  4. Check disable Pause.

i am doing these above steps, but pause subscription is not disabled.

1 Answers

I also disabled the pause option, but was still seeing it while testing monthly subscriptions in my app (yearly subscriptions never allow pause according to the docs). I had a feeling this was because the user I was testing with is a license tester. I reached out to google play developer support, and they confirmed that this is correct.

"Pause and Resubscribe are both enabled for license testers even if they are disabled in the Play Console. The Resubscribe / Pause options are always on for the license tester's UI. These options will not be visible for non-tester accounts."

This is also noted in the last paragraph of this announcement: https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2020/06/new-features-to-acquire-and-retain-subscribers.html

Related